Exploring Options When You Want to Sell Your Business in South-West Sydney
Do you want to sell a business in South-West Sydney? "Being your own boss" is a dream for many people, and for some, it becomes a reality that lasts through many years of success. Ultimately, though, we'd all like to be able to reach the point where we can step back from the business and make one final profit from all our efforts. Whether you want to put yourself on the road to retirement or you're simply ready to move on to new ideas, selling the business you've built is the first and most crucial step to take. For many business owners, though, that's easier said than done.
How do you sell a business? How do you ensure that you get the best possible value for your brainchild? Just as importantly, how do you handle the entire sale process without losing track of the important day-to-day of your company? These are tough questions, and they are a serious source of stress for many business owners. Luckily, you don't have to do it alone.
At Business Agents, we've built our business to help you sell your business. From initial consultations regarding valuations to an agreement that we will seek a sale on your behalf, we put your needs and requirements first. Together, let's explore everything you need to know about this process, from when to begin to how our methods work.
Signs You Should Invest in a Business Sales Broker
Is the time right for you to move on from your business? Deciding to let go can be difficult, even if you know it's ultimately the best decision to make. If you aren't sure whether it's the ideal moment to move forward with your plans to divest, look for some of the most common signs business owners use to decide to sell:
- You've reached an age where you're ready to move on to other things, such as spending more time with your family or exploring new hobbies. Retirement shouldn't just be a dream. When your business is at the right stage, it can kick start your journey towards the golden years.
- You no longer enjoy the work as much as when you started, and you feel like you've accomplished what you set out to do.
- The business is growing beyond your comfort level or skill set, or there is a sea change coming in your industry. Knowing when to exit can be just as challenging as getting started. However, knowing when to cash out is the path to profit.
If you spot one of these signs, it's a good idea to consider connecting with a broker soon.
What Does a Business Sale Broker Do?
Why work with a broker? Why not try to handle the entire process yourself? Setting aside that you may not even know where to start with a sale, there are many other things a broker does to make your life easier during this process. Some of these tasks include:
- Determining the value of your business. Putting firm numbers on your company is a complex task, but an experienced broker simplifies the process and aims to provide you with a realistic value. As the starting point for all your sales efforts, it's a valuable service to have at hand.
- Arranging all the necessary documentation. The paperwork involved in a business sale is a time sink all its own. Our broker streamlines the process to reduce headaches and confusion over which forms to fill out when.
- Marketing and finding buyers. Our broker does all the legwork necessary to find a willing buyer while also working with you throughout the negotiations.
The Benefits When You Sell a Business with a Broker
There are several important advantages to working with a team such as Business Agents to market and sell your company, not the least of which is the massively reduced stress levels our clients encounter. What are some of the other benefits to know?
- Remain focused on your daily work. You can't just close up shop when you decide to sell, but can you handle what amounts to a second full-time job on top of your daily responsibilities? With a broker, you won't have to worry about that.
- Get the best price possible without worrying about money left on the table. Negotiating can be tough, especially with some buyers. Our broker steps up to defend your valuation and works to ensure the best outcome.
- Enjoy helpful insights during the negotiation phase to ensure that your best interests are always at the centre of the deal.
What Sets Business Agents Apart as a Business Broker in South-West Sydney?
With the clear benefits of a service such as ours, why choose Business Agents in particular? We've worked hard to differentiate ourselves and to provide a superior service to our clients across many diverse industries. When you come to our team for help moving on to the next stage in your life, here's how we'll help:
- We have a proven team of brokers, including members who have more than 20 years of experience buying and selling businesses. In other words, we thoroughly understand our trade. With the opportunity to share valuable insights between team members, we create an environment where our clients receive top-notch service.
- Our business is headed by an accountant who is able to negotiate at a higher level than the competitors who are not degree qualified and lack the important and crucial finance background.
- We care about the outcome of your sales efforts. We understand how much work you've put into the business to grow it to the stage you've reached, so we treat your company as if it were our own, delivering superior service from end to end.
- We provide a free initial valuation. There's no obligation to continue, but we like to open the door, so you may consider what your business may be worth to others.
What to Expect From Us As Your Business Agent
We've created a highly refined process to guide your efforts to make a profitable business sale. With this multi-step procedure, you'll always know where you stand and what to expect from our team. Let's go over the basics of how we sell your business now:
- We thoroughly appraise your business, then prepare it for sale. This includes preparing all documentation and working with you to increase the value of the business, should you want to improve your appraisal.
- We market your business in the most popular locations and by leveraging our network of buyers with whom we've connected directly. We qualify any enquiries, so you don't need to field requests from time wasters. When you receive an offer, we'll assist in the negotiation phase.
- In the end, we help you close out the sale and manage the handover. You get to retire with a fuller bank account and the satisfaction of a job well done.
About the Professional Staff at Business Agents
Who will carry out the work of selling your business? With a diverse team of experienced professionals, we're confident you'll find we are easy-going partners who always have your best interests in mind. Meet a few of the members of our team:
- Dani Rifai has more than two decades of experience in business consulting and now uses his skills to help clients realise better returns on the many years of work they've poured into their business. A passion for helping other business owners characterises all of Mr. Rifai's work.
- After years spent in property development and civil work, Andrew Wehbe joined Business Agents to lend his wealth of experience to our team's capabilities. Well-versed in the language of buyers, Mr. Wehbe works every day to lock down the best offers for clients.
- With a background in education and extensive experience in retail, Erin Skinner will manage the administrative function of the sale process. Erin has a proven track record in communicating with clients and ensuring they receive the highest quality of service.
- After finishing a bachelor’s degree in Economics and Finance, Thomas McDonnell has been able to utilise his skills and further develop his brokerage ability to provide the best service to clients.
Related Services We Provide As a Business Buyers’ Agent
Our team has many skills, and we aren't limited solely to helping others sell their businesses. What if you want to make a sideways move into a different industry, or to expand and grow? We're adept at helping others buy businesses, too. Here are a few quick facts about this additional service we provide:
- Let us know what you want in a business. What industry? How much annual revenue? We'll explore these questions together and, with your agreement, sign a contract to proceed with a search.
- We search for and qualify businesses so that we only present you with the most viable opportunities.
- Our team handles the entire negotiation and purchasing process, just as we do with sales.
Why Should I Trust Business Agents to Sell My Business in South-West Sydney?
With a team that includes agents with decades of experience in buying and selling businesses, plus a fresh passion for helping others profit after years of hard work, Business Agents is ideally positioned to help you. Combined with our cost and obligation-free business appraisal, it's easy to make a start on this often challenging path. While you focus on keeping your business healthy and your customers happy, we'll find the right buyer to meet your goals and help you achieve retirement. To get started, request your free appraisal today when you contact us online or by phone.